The Happiest Gutters in Vancouver & the Portland-Metro area
Your downspouts are an important piece of your rain gutter installation. While the gutters capture and direct water, your downspouts carry it away and into a drainage area or drain. Whether you’re having a new home built or your current downspouts are damaged, Happy Gutters can help. We’re proud to offer professional downspout installation services to homeowners in the Vancouver WA area!
What is a Downspout?
Downspouts are pipes connected to your gutters and installed along the sides of your home, directing water safely away to a designated area, preferably away from your foundation.
Why are Downspouts Important?
You may be familiar with gutters, but downspouts are just as important. In fact, you need them both to keep your home protected against water damage. When rainwater isn’t removed from your roof, water can settle in low areas, leading to rot, warping, and pest problems.
Similar issues can also occur in the basement or crawl space if water isn’t being redirected from the foundation. Moreover, water that pools for too long in your yard will cause plants and grass to die, and lead to soil erosion.
Our Gutter Contractors Know Downspout Installation!
Ready for a FREE Estimate?
Leave your info and our Gutter Guys will be in touch!
Benefits of Downspouts
When properly installed, downspouts can:
- Preserve soffit and fascia boards
- Prevent soil erosion
- Prevent basement flooding
- Prevent foundation damage
- Protect your roof
Signs You Need New Downspouts
Your downspouts work with your gutters to keep rainwater away from your home, but over time they’ll eventually need replacing. If your downspouts are showing any of the following signs, it may be time to consult with one of our downspout installation contractors.
- Damaged downspouts: if you see rust, cracks, or holes in your downspouts, they may either need to be repaired or replaced
- Downspouts Constantly Loosen: if you see nails or screws near your downspouts or your downspouts constantly become loose, they are likely too worn and nothing you do will keep them attached.
- Standing Water or Water Damage: if you see standing water near your downspouts, soil erosion, or water damage in your home, your gutters and downspouts aren’t working properly. This could mean there’s a blockage. If it can’t be cleared easily, a replacement is essential.
Expert Downspout Installation
Here in the Vancouver WA area, we are not immune to rain. It rains a lot here. So if you want your home well protected against heavy rainfall, remember your downspouts are essential. Happy Gutters has years of experience installing seamless gutters and downspouts. We use premium materials and provide quality craftsmanship. Contact us today for your free no-obligation downspout installation estimate. We look forward to working with you!Back to Seamless Gutter Installation
Downspout Installation in Vancouver WA & Camas WA
Serving the Greater Vancouver Area